Cornish Nanny and chicken risotto recipe
2 Chicken breasts
130g Cornish Nanny
30g Grated parmesan
1 Cup arborio risotto rice
8 Asparagus stalks
1 Clove garlic
250ml White wine
1.5L Chicken stock
Small handful of basil
2 tbsp Oregano
4 tbsp Olive oil
Salt & pepper
- Dice the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Fry them in oil for 3-4 minutes. Chop the asparagus and add them to the pan for 1-2 minutes until everything is cooked. Place aside and allow it to cool. In a separate pan, bring the stock to a simmer.
- Add oil to a heavy based frying pan and fry the onion, oregano and garlic until translucen. Be carefull not to burn the garlic. Add in the risotto rice and stir until it's coated in oil. Cook over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes until the rice husks split. Do not stir the rice from now on.
- Add the wine and cook until all the alcohol has been burned off. Ladle some of the stock over the rice. Once it has been absorbed add another ladle, repeating the process for approximately 20 minutes. Taste the risotto to see if it is to your liking. If the rice is too firm, simply add more stock.
- Add the cooked chicken and asparagus, and crumble the Cornish Nanny, parmesan and butter into the mix. Warm it through for 2-3 minutes.
- To finish, season the dish with salt and pepper. Serve with sprinkles of parmesan, lemon zest and basil.