Designed to be eaten as a young cheese, Cornish Blue is a very different product from traditional English blue cheeses. Its flavour is mild and creamy, with a dense texture and buttery richness, instead of the ‘salty tang’ common of other traditional blue cheeses it has a gentle sweetness.
Please allow for 10% variants on the weight as all of our cheeses are hand made and cut.
If you would like to learn more about Cornish Blue please click here.
Info & Nutrition
|Style of Cheese||Semi-Soft|
|Ingredients||Cows Milk, Salt, Vegetarian Rennet|
|Nutritional Info (per 100g)||Energy 1730KJ, 417Kcal | Fat 34.4g, Of Which Saturated 20.5g | Carbohydrate 1.0g, Of Which Sugars <0.1g | Protein 25.3g | Salt 2g|
|Allergen Advice||Pasteurised Cows Milk. Suitable for vegetarians.|
Storage & Serving
Keep well wrapped in the fridge but we do recommend removing cheese from the fridge and any wrapping to allow the cheese the ‘breath’ for an hour or two before serving which will allow the full flavour and character of the cheese to come through!
450g - 100mm x 70mm
1kg - 150mm x 60mm
2kg - 150mm x 120mm
5kg - 230mm x 120mm
- Best Blue Cheese at the Cheshire Show 2017
- Nantwich International Cheese Show 2017 (2 Gold Awards)
- People’s Choice award winners at the Great British Cheese Awards 2016
- World Cheese Awards Super Gold 2015
- Taste of the West Cheese Champion 2015
- Great Taste Awards Gold 2015
- Taste of the West Gold 2015
- Great Taste Awards Gold 2014
- Taste of the West Gold 2014
- World Cheese Awards Best Blue Cheese 2012 – Silver Award
- World Cheese Awards Best British Cheese 2011
- World Cheese Awards Champion Cheese 2010
- Royal Bath & West Supreme Champion Cheese 2010
- Royal Bath & West Reserve 2008
- Best Blue & Best English Cheese 2007
- Taste of the West Champion Product 2007
- Taste of the West Gold Award 2014
- Royal Bath and West Best Soft Cheese Award 2006
- Rick Stein’s Food Heroes Award
- Milk Development Council’s Innovation in Dairy Product Development Award 2005
- Taste of The West Silver Award 2003
- Best New Cheese Award – Nantwich 2002
- Taste of The West Bronze Award 2002
Great delivery service and the cheese is fabulous thanks
Both these cheeses are superb flavour and texture and way superior quality to other makes.
I've loved Cornish Blue since I first tried it and have bought loads since. An absolutely superb cheese.
I'm a massive cheese lover since sitting in French class 40 years ago where the teacher had a poster of many french cheeses that existed. Having lived in France i ve tastedmany of the cheeses on that poster isaw as a kid, from Maroilles, one of the strongest, to almost every other regions cheese. This Cornish blue was on sale in local COOP, I love the taste and the texture and unlike some other Blue cheese isnt a dull taste with a very soft texture or like Danish blue too sharp. This is mild but very very pleasant taste on the palette. Love it and would recommend to all cheese lovers.
Just love it!