Cornish Blue steak sandwich recipe
1 Rump steak
Half a large red onion
2 Slices of sourdough
(works well in ciabatta as well)
¼ tbsp Cornflour
(or plain flour)
Salt & pepper
- Cut the rump steak into medium sized strips and thoroughly coat them in salt and pepper.
- Slice the onion into rings.
- Heat some oil in a pan and fry the onions for 2 minutes over a medium heat. Be sure to stir them occasionally. Move the onions to one side of the pan and add the steak to the other side. Cook the steak strips for as long as you see fit and be sure to turn them over every so often. Stir the onions simultaneously until they begin to soften.
- Once the meat is cooked to your liking, remove the steak from the pan and leave it aside to rest for a moment. Continue to cook the onions on a low heat.
- For the cheese sauce, add the milk to a new pan over a low/medium heat. Crumble in the Cornish Blue. Feel free to add more if you like a stronger tasting sauce. Stir the mixture constantly until the cheese has melted. Ensure the sauce doesn’t begin to boil as it could easily burn. Add the cornflour gradually while stirring the sauce constantly to ensure there are no lumps.
- Once the sauce is thick enough, remove it from the heat. Place the steak and onions onto your sourdough and drizzle the Cornish Blue cheese sauce over the top.