Cornish Blue, Bacon & Mushroom Pancake recipe
200g Plain four
2 Large eggs
150g Grated cheddar cheese
50g-75g Cornish Blue cheese
250g Bacon lardons
8 Chestnut Mushrooms
- Using a whisk or electric hand whisk, beat the milk, eggs and flour together in a large bowl until a batter forms.
- Place a frying pan over a low-medium heat. Pour some of the pancake batter into the pan, ensuring that the mixture is spread evenly. Once the batter begins to curl at the edges and starts to lift itself off the pan, flip the pancake over. Repeat the process until all of the batter has been used.
- Whilst the pancakes cook, in a separate oiled pan, cook the bacon lardons until they go brown and crispy.
- In another pan, melt the butter. Cook the mushrooms in the butter until they begin to soften.
- Once complete, sprinkle the cheddar and crumble the Cornish Blue on top of the warm pancake. Layer the hot mushrooms and bacon lardons on top, allowing the cheese to melt. If need be, pop the pancake into the microwave for 15-30 seconds to melt the cheese. Fold the pancake in half and enjoy.
*Go veggie! - Swap out the bacon for spinach or caramelised onions.